For Mossberg 940 Pro Tactical Shooters: This Accessory Can Not Be Installed Without The GG&G 940 PRO Accessory Capable Mag Tube Extension Nut: GGG-2967.
For Mossberg 940 JM Pro Tactical Shooters: This Accessory Can Not Be Installed Without The GG&G 940 JM PRO Accessory Capable Mag Tube Extension Nut: GGG-2972.
Ok, but what the heck is it, and why do I need it?
Here's what it is and why it is. Because of the Mossberg 940 PRO Tactical and 940 JM Pro forearm design and the relationship between it and the magazine tube extension nut, the standard method of front accessory mounting is not possible with the factory set up.
GG&G and our customers appreciate the Mossberg 940 PRO Tactical and 940 JM PRO shotguns and their features. However, it appears that Mossberg thought about the problem and offered an easy but incomplete and questionable solution.......A Plastic Barrel Clamp that accommodates M-LOK accessories. Our team of professional experienced shooters and advisers see at least two problems. One is the Plastic Barrel Clamp, it may not fail right away, but after multiple heat cycles and attempting to keep it tight on the barrel it will, in our humble opinion, lead to a failure. Number two is the M-LOK slot position being at the top of the barrel clamp. There is a reason that the majority of barrel clamp manufacturers, including GG&G, mount the sling or light mounts, whether they be an M-LOK configuration, or a more traditional screw attachment method, at the most stable position and most ergonomic position, the center point of the barrel clamp. As you pull on the sling, you are pulling the top non-anchored area away from the barrel. Occasionally it's a hot barrel - a very hot barrel, which tends to make plastic, even thermoplastics, more flexible and subject to degradation, bending and movement.
The GG&G Team came up with a very unique solution that works with multiple different accessories. Yes, you need the GG&G Replacement Accessory Capable Mag Tube Extension Nut in order to mount the front accessories. Yea, it is not an inexpensive solution, but it is manufactured from steel! Solid, Rugged And Dependable!
Do you need a Quick Detach Rear Sling Attachment to accompany your new Quick Detach Sling & Flashlight Mount? GET IT HERE!
Don't Miss Our Other American Made Mossberg 940 Shotgun Accessories And Related Products! Check Them Out Here!
Mossberg 940 PRO Shotgun Quick Detach Sling And Flashlight Mount
The Mossberg 940 PRO Shotgun is a rugged and dependable no-nonsense shotgun. But in this day and age, it needs an additional tactical accessory. It needs to help defend you at night, and be able to remove the sling quickly in certain tactical situations. The Mossberg 940 needs the GG&G Quick Detach Sling And Light Mount Comb to make it just a little bit better. The ergonomic design of the GG&G Mossberg 940 PRO Quick Detach Sling And Flashlight Combo Mount provides an easy way to mount a tactical flashlight without interfering with the front QD sling attachment point. An important feature of the QD attachment point is that it includes the limited rotation sling feature to help eliminate sling entanglement and sling wrap up.
You know that bad things can happen at night! Yea! You need a flashlight for your Mossberg 940 PRO Shotgun. We carry Streamlight and Inforce Flashlights. Both companies make flashlights to fill your mission requirements. We offer great prices and free shipping on all models. Check Them Out Here!
Mossberg 940 PRO Quick Detach Sling And Flashlight Mount Specifications:
- Installs easily. Fits Mossberg 940 PRO Tactical Shotgun and Mossberg 940 JM Pro.
- Currently only right hand models are being manufactured.
- It is available with or without GG&G Heavy Duty QD Sling Swivels.
- Designed and manufactured to withstand the rigors associated with professional use.
- Perfect for mounting a tactical flashlight to your Mossberg 940 Shotgun.
- The Mossberg 940 QD sling attachment component accepts both the GG&G rectangular and angular QD Sling Swivels as well as most other push button style quick detach swivels.
- The 940 QD Sling and Light Mount includes the limited rotation sling swivel feature to help eliminate sling entanglement and sling wrap up.
- Includes a MIL-STD-1913 accessory rail designed and manufactured to be close to the shotgun forearm.
- All edges are smoothed and rounded for the shooter's safety.
- Material: Manufactured from bullet proof 4130 steel and 6061-T6 billet aluminum.
- Finish: Steel components are manganese phosphated in a non-reflective combat finish per Mil-Spec.
- Finish: Aluminum components are Type III hard coat anodized in a non-reflective matte black finish per Mil-Spec.
- Rail Dimension: Accessory rail measures 1.8" long.
- Weight: 1.75 oz. without swivel
- Warranty: Lifetime
- Made In America By Men And Women Proud To Be Americans!
If you need a flashlight for your shotgun, check out the Tactical Flashlights and Mounting Rings Here.