The Accessory Capable Mag Tube Extension Nut is included in the GG&G 940 Pro Mag Tube Kit, but what the heck is it, and why do I need it?
Here's what it is and why it is. Because of the Mossberg 940 PRO Tactical forearm design and the relationship between it and the magazine tube extension nut, the standard method of front accessory mounting is not possible with the factory set up.
GG&G and our customers appreciate the Mossberg 940 PRO shotgun and its features. However, it appears that Mossberg thought about the problem and offered an easy but incomplete and questionable solution.......A Plastic Barrel Clamp that accommodates M-LOK accessories. Our team of professional experienced shooters and advisers see at least two problems. One is the Plastic Barrel Clamp, it may not fail right away, but after multiple heat cycles and attempting to keep it tight on the barrel it will, in our humble opinion, lead to a failure. Number two is the M-LOK slot position being at the top of the barrel clamp. There is a reason that the majority of barrel clamp manufacturers, including GG&G, mount the sling or light mounts, whether they be an M-LOK configuration, or a more traditional screw attachment method, at the most stable position and most ergonomic position, the center point of the barrel clamp. As you pull on the sling, you are pulling the top non-anchored area away from the barrel. Occasionally it's a hot barrel - a very hot barrel, which tends to make plastic, even thermoplastics, more flexible and subject to degradation, bending and movement.
The GG&G Team came up with a very unique solution that works with a multiple of different accessories. Yes, you need the GG&G Accessory Capable Mag Tube Extension Nut to install all the front accessories. Good News! It's included in the Mossberg 940 Mag Tube Extension Kit. Yea, it has added a little cost to the kit, but it is manufactured from steel! Solid, Rugged And Dependable!
Looking for other American Made GG&G Mossberg 940 PRO Tactical Shotgun Accessories? Find Them Here!
Mossberg 940 PRO Shotgun Magazine Tube Kit
The GG&G Mossberg 940 PRO Magazine Tube Extension Kit, sometimes referred to as Mossberg 940 Mag Tube, not only includes the magazine tube and barrel clamp, it also includes the GG&G Accessory Capable Extension Nut. The newly designed nut provides you with the ability to install tactical accessories in a more easily accessible location for that important edge required in tactical environments.
The GG&G 940 Two Shot Mag Tube Kit is easy to install as long as you have a working knowledge of how to break down your shotgun to perform maintenance procedures. No modification to the shotgun is required. This two shot 940 Magazine Tube uses the factory spring and follower.
Mossberg 940 PRO Magazine Tube Specifications:
- Perfect for Military, Law Enforcement and Home Defense use.
- The 940 PRO Magazine Tube Kit includes the GG&G MagazineTwo Shot Tube, GG&G Barrel Clamp and the GG&G Accessory Capable Magazine Tube Nut.
- The GG&G Mossberg 940 PRO two shot tube does not protrude beyond the muzzle of the barrel.
- The installation wrench provides the necessary torque to insure the GG&G mag tube extension nut and castle nut securely retain the barrel under recoil.
- The end cap of the GG&G magazine tube can be removed separately to facilitate cleaning.
- The unique Accessory Capable Magazine Tube Nut is manganese phosphated in a non–reflective combat finish per Mil-Spec.
- The magazine extension tube is machined from 6061-T6 aluminum and Type III hard anodized non-reflective matte black per Mil-Spec.
- Overall Magazine Tube Length: 6 7/8"
- Weight With Barrel Clamp: 7.2 oz.
- Warranty: Lifetime.
- Made In America By Men And Women Proud To Be Americans!