Cantilever Aimpoint Ring
If you attach an Aimpoint CompML, M2 or M3 series red dot sight directly to an AR-15/M16 “flattop” upper receiver’s integral rail using a conventional ring mount, it will be far too low to acquire the red dot without front sight interference, no matter what type of cheek weld you adopt. That’s why you need the GG&G Aimpoint Cantilever Ring.
Cantilever Aimpoint Ring Specifications:
- Incorporates a captivated thumbnut and spring activated sidebar, aiding the mount installation, especially in low light conditions.
- Ring body has a built-in insulated waterproof spare battery compartment located on the side for easy access.
- Permits mounting the Comp M series scopes directly to the receiver’s integral rail positioning the red dot above the front sight post.
- The ring is still low enough so that GG&G MAD or A2-style Flip Up Rear Sights can be deployed to co-witness directly through the optic should it’s battery fail.
- Designed to place the Aimpoint CompML, M2 or M3 series scopes far enough forward enabling a night vision monocular to be mounted to the rear in co-alignment.
- Co-witness height is 1.500” from the top of the receiver.
- Weighs in at 5oz.
- All hard edges have been deburred and softened for the shooters safety
- The rugged, heavy duty GG&G Cantilever Ring is manufactured from solid billet 6061 T6 aluminum alloy and is Type III hard-coat anodized matte black per mil-spec.
- Made In America By Men And Women Proud To Be Americans!