A2 Back Up Iron Sight (BUIS)
Don't forget, if you selected the optional Trijicon aperture, it will be factory installed for you.
A2 Back Up Sight (BUIS)
The GG&G A2 AR-15 Back Up Sight is our #1 selling Back Up Iron Sight (BUIS). It provides the operator with an easy to install and easy to operate flip up rear sight, and includes the all-important locking detent. Besides providing a low profile “ready to go" BUIS when you need it, it features include a tactile ergonomic windage knob and counter sunk crossbolt to eliminate the possibility of snags, incorporated in a streamlined body. The A2 Back Up Iron Sight is always at the tactical ready once placed in the up position. This is the same back up iron sight used by elite armed forces and law enforcement teams worldwide.
A2 Back Up Sight Specifications:
- The A2 BUIS is easy to install.
- Solid squeeze rail attachment mechanism with counter sunk crossbolt to eliminate snags.
- Can be used as a co-witness iron sight with most red dot sighting systems, as a stand-alone sight or in conjunction with GG&G interface rails.
- The A2 Back Up Rear Sight features the standard military A2-style double peep aperture allowing for end user known point of impact.
- This A2 features full windage adjustment with the tactile windage knob.
- The A2 BUIS presents a low profile when in the down position, allowing clearance for most optics.
- When deployed in the up position, the sight cannot be folded down without depressing the spring assisted detent release button located on the left side of the base, eliminating the possibility of accidentally lowering the sight.
- The initial zero is set by adjusting the weapons front sight post.
- The A2 Back Up Iron Sight is compatible with all GG&G Flip Up Front Sights.
- The GG&G A2 BUIS ordering options include requesting an optional Trijicon Green Tritium aperture. It will be factory installed for you.
- All edges have been deburred and softened to protect the shooter.
- Materials: The sight body and sight stem are manufactured from billet 6061-T6 aluminum.
- Finish: All aluminum parts are Type III hard coat anodized in a non-reflective black mil-spec finish to provide combat durability.
- Weight:1.8 oz.
- Warranty: Lifetime.
- Made In America By Men And Women Proud To Be Americans!
As an option you can request the Trijicon Green Tritium aperture be substituted for the A2 aperture. It will be factory installed when you order the GG&G A2 BUIS with optional Trijicon aperture.