MUST READ BEFORE YOU PURCHASE: The Benelli M2 Buttstock Side Saddle Will Only Fit The Pistol Grip Buttstock Model
Don't Miss Our Other American Made Benelli M2 Accessories! Check Them Out Here!
Benelli M2 Buttstock Side Saddle Shell Holder
The GG&G Team always keeps in mind that tactical shooters, including men and women serious about home defense, are always looking for an edge. The overall goal is of course to dominate a dangerous encounter. Most often there are diverse and various methods of achieving that goal. Based on recommendations from a few of the courageous men and women that daily defend our country, the GG&G Team developed the Benelli M2 Buttstock Side Saddle. Buttstock Side Saddles are not new to the hunting community. They come in many different configurations and materials, mostly for long guns.
The Benelli M2 shotgun lends itself to an easy installation due to the rear M2 buttstock sling attachment mechanism. A benefit of having the M2 Side Saddle mounted on the stock behind the shooters fire control hand, is the weight of the shot shells balances the weight of the Benelli M2, allowing faster horizontal “throw". The opposite side still retains the original Benelli M2 factory sling attachment set up.
IMPORTANT SHOT SHELL CONFIGURATION CONSIDERATIONS: The images on this page reflect the recommended shot shell position most commonly used by "operators" and agencies we have supplied similar custom setups for on other specific firearms.
The method of shot shell layout shown is if the Benelli M2 was in a tactical ready position. The description below refers to a strong right hand shooter. A strong left hand shooter, would be the opposite. A left hand model is available for purchase.
The first round would be a "left hand over stock pull up technique" The reason being, the wrist or forearm of the fire control hand, in this case the right hand, would be in the way of a "left hand under stock pull down" maneuver. All of the other rounds would be a "left hand under stock pull down" maneuver which would not block your vision of the target. As always you should train and practice this procedure. TRAINING AND PRACTICE SHOULD INITIALLY BE DONE WITH DUMMY ROUNDS NOT LIVE AMMUNITION!!! You can purchase dummy rounds from Brownells Here. Of course, this set up is just one suggestion.
Important: Unlike other shotgun side saddle shell holders, the GG&G M2 Buttstock Side Saddle utilizes a solid rubber shell retainer versus a rubber tube shell retainer with side walls. The Reason? The rubber tube type shell retainer easily distorts from heat and continuous pressure of the shotgun shell. Over time the shell becomes loose in the shell holder. The GG&G solid shell retainer with a speced durometer reading, retains its form resulting in a tight fit that you can count on for years of use.
Benelli M2 Side Saddle Shell Holder Specifications:
- Easy to install.
- Designed and manufactured specifically for the stock of the Benelli M2 Shotgun with the tactical pistol grip. Will not fit any other Benelli M2 stock.
- No permanent modifications are required to the weapon for installation.
- The Benelli M2 Buttstock Side Saddle mounts solidly to the buttstock using the provided hardware.
- A non-marring backing plate will not damage the stock's finish. The five shot buttstock side saddle holds 12 ga ammunition at a unique angle of 15 degrees to facilitate removing the shot shells from the shell holder.
- Although we suggest a certain shot shell position, the GG&G Benelli Buttstock Side Saddle will accommodate the shot shells being retained in base up or base down position depending on shooter's requirements.
- The M2 Buttstock Side Saddle features a durable, oil resistant, replaceable shot shell retention system.
- Shell holder body and backing plate are manufactured from 6061 T-6 aluminum.
- The retaining plate is manufactured from A36 steel.
- Aluminum parts are Type III hard anodized black per mil-spec.
- Steel components are are manganese phosphated per mil-spec.
- Ergonomic design including lightning cuts for weight reduction.
- Weight: 5.5 oz
- Overall Length: 5.25"
- All edges have been rounded for the shooter's safety.
- Warranty: Lifetime.
- Made In America By Men And Women Proud To Be Americans!
Something Special For Your Benelli M2 Shotgun. Remember, "When you are out of ammo-You could be out of time!" When you need additional rounds, The life saving value of having that additional ammo at your finger tips, will far exceed the cost!
Please Note That The GG&G Benelli M2 Buttstock Side Saddle Will Only Fit The Tactical Pistol Grip Buttstock.